I’ve been thinking a lot in the last little bit that this new hobby of mine, might be turning into an obsession. One in which I am seriously contemplating leaving my career at some point and opening my very one Online Fabric Store. But I have no idea how to do that. Can anyone help me? I’m reluctant to do so, because I don’t want to take away business from these other wonderful stores online and in my city, but I am loving fabric and sewing so much that maybe I need to find something to do with that.
Here is the list of things I need to find out…
1. Where do I find a fabric distributor? I have some inside information on that – so I’m not worried about this point – yet…just afraid to ask.
2. What is the start up cost going to be?
3. How do I get a website and set it up so that it takes payment and all that jazz? Maybe my computer wiz cousin can help with that step.
4. What things should I offer?
5. How do I ship? Just in Canada or all over?
6. How can I market myself so that people will want to buy from me?
7. What about prices?
8. How much do I need to pull in to stay afloat?
I talked with Nate about this yesterday and to my amazement he said look into it….so I think I might start to.
I like teaching music a lot and I’m hoping there is a small chance that I will be able to get a high school position next year…that might put things on hold or completely cancel them out. What do you think?