I should make the title a LONG OVER DUE UPDATE, and I should have updated a long time ago – but there wouldn’t be much of an update, until now.
For my birthday last year my husband was kind enough to get me the Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt as a BOM. Each month I stalked the mail box for my package to come, excited about fabrics and the traditional little blocks.
But once I got going on the quilt blocks I soon found myself loosing interest, for which I felt horrible about. I do really love the quilt, the fabrics and the blocks, but I wasn’t as well researched as I should have been when I got it.
My frustrations were:
1. The book didn’t come with rotary cutting instructions, instead it came with a CD with a 100 plus templates that you have to cut out – and transfer to your favorite template system
2. The block sizes in the block assembly photos are 4.75″ where the unfinished block is 6.5″
6″ . In the other books the block assembly photos were the actual size of the blocks which meant you had the option of foundation piecing the blocks instead of using all the templates.
Those are my major issues right now. Its not as though I haven’t been working on it, I have. I printed out all 100 plus blocks and have been slowly cutting them out and organizing them.
I even managed to complete a block – yes one block. It is embarrassing for sure. This is block #2. Why I did block 2 instead of 1 is beyond me, but it is one block done.
So here is what I am purposing. I am on a mission to finish this sampler quilt. So I will complete 2 blocks/week post the picture, tell you about the “joy” of that block and finish the 111 blocks in 55 weeks. I hope. I will!
111 blocks total – 1 block finished = 110 to go.