I have a kindle. I love it. I also have a really good case for it as well.
It is a good case, reversible too. I even like the color and fun stripes. But….and you knew there was a but coming right?
Once I took the quilted journal class last November I knew I wanted to incorporate that technique into a kindle cover. I drafted an envelope type pattern and got it started. Then I let it sit because I ran out of Stem a Seam. I just didn’t replenish my supply until this summer when I had to teach the journal class.
Since I had to teach the class with the technique I used it as my sample to work through. I finally finished it. It took me longer than any of the others I’ve done because it was quite a bit bigger.
When I make it again I will change the design just a little bit to tweak it. Right now I have a pocket and then a large flap that will fold over the pocket twice and I tie with a ribbon.
I tried to branch out this time with my quilting and try some new designs. I’m happy with how it turned out. I’m also really pleased that I tried to figure out how to do it on my own and how I can edit the pattern to make it better.