Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear me, Happy Birthday to ME!
Today is my 32nd birthday. Though according to some nice former students I have, I don’t look a day over 28 – bless them for that, if I still taught them I would give them all As.
Anyways, last year I started a “TO DO list” for myself, a bucket list of sorts for the year, 31 things that I wanted to do before I hit 32. In my opinion I did pretty well on my list. I was able to complete 16 of my bucket list items – I know percentage why that isn’t awesome, but I was still really pleased.
I’m not going to make excuses as to why I didn’t accomplish all of my list or things like that, but I must admit it was really quite fun to work through it. Sometimes the list gave us a starting point for some of our adventures, other times it was overwhelming.
Because I enjoyed the list so much, I decided to make another list, my 32 things to do before I hit 33. So here we go.
- Lose the “baby weight” (whatever that amount may be)
- Bake fancy bread.
- Learn to stop in my hockey skates
- Go to Kalispell
- Finish Nate’s Birthday Quilt
- Switch out the photos in the living room frames
- Have a picnic at Barrier Lake
- Take more photos of life
- Get printed our yearly photo books
- Finish Baby Girl’s crib and floor quilt
- Watch Les Miserable
- Try a new restaurant
- Make a year book for our baby girl
- Read Les Miserable
- Go see the penguins at the zoo
- See at least two movies in theatres
- Make Caramel Popcorn
- Eat at one of the restaurants featured on “You Gotta Eat Here.”
- Make a camera case for my new camera
- Begin and maintain the “One Line a Day Book”
- Finish a year devotional book
- Clean the basement
- Make something (from the DIY) from Pinterest – not a pinstrosity either.
- Finish my Swoon Quilt top
- Make a cute little girl dress for our baby
- Have a pedicure date with Nate – yes Nate (his toes need it, this is really for his own good)
- See Les Miserable when the LIVE show comes to town (coming June 25-July 7)
- Renew my passport
- Make Rice Krispie Squares
- Treat myself to a spa day
- Go walking once a week with my Mom Friends
- Bake Fresh Bread at least twice this year